BlogAdda

BlogAdda

Friday 12 September 2014

An Accident - Moments which I can't forget




          Huhhh...it was an awesome day. I had lots of fun and almost died laughing. So much tired went to sleep soon after reaching home. I was recalling those all funny incidents occurred in day and in last few years with friends and in process I also recalled this.....

          I was on my way back to home after party I was cruising at around 80 kmph on my Bike and then THUD. The next moment I felt severe pain on the left side of my head, my palms felt scalded, and I could not stand properly because my left toe hurt. Got up slowly tried thinking over what happened.

          The pictures started falling in place and I realized I have met with an accident. I removed my helmet – no bleeding. Good. Next removed the riding gloves – palms looked well. Checked my foot, and my knee was badly hurt. I wore pair of jeans which had reduced damage but had damn Canvas shoes ! Tried to lift my bike and it was a mess – a broken mirror, front guard bent, connecting rod to the rear suspension was cut. Some how managed to ride back home.

          At home after relaxing a few minutes I started looking at the damage on my helmet and the gloves I wore. The scrapes on my helmet and riding gloves gave me goose bumps. The left side of the helmet was a mess with loads of scratches and when I run my finger over it I could feel the impact the helmet had taken. The gloves well, in simple words I could type today because I wore them. This made me wonder

  • What if I did not wear a helmet?
  • What if I did not wear riding gloves?
  • What if I had invested in a sub-standard helmet or gloves only because it was cheaper?
  • What if I had stopped wearing them because many made fun of me, since I shelled out a good amount of money on it?

Well, I thanked myself for investing in the best riding gear. The investment just saved my life.

લોકો કહે છે સમય સાથે દરેક ઘાવ ભરાઈ જાય છે
તોય રાત્રે ઊંઘ માંથી કેમ બેઠું થઇ જવાઈ છે???

[ I still feel that goose bumps on my hand when I remember those few moments. I was just flying in the air :(]