BlogAdda

BlogAdda

Sunday 5 October 2014

Book review - Half Girlfriend

I got the book on Wednesday morning in office. So curious to read much hyped novel but then something funny happened.  I was going to hometown same day and then forgot to take along with me.

I came back from home on Sunday night and then completed it at one go in 4 and half hours....being precise 4 hours and 35 minutes :).

It can be done with novel of Chetan Bhagat only and he is also criticized for that....yes.... because of his simple english. Five Point Someone was the first novel from where I have started reading english novel (yeah...I know...I know.... some of you don't consider him as English author at all) . And also... it is the new "cool" to criticize Chetan.....without even reading any of his books. If you are on twitter and following him then you must be knowing it.

Enough about background. ...let's come to the point. ...his latest novel .... 5 point someone. ..3 mistakes. ...1 night....revolution 2020.... he has something to do with numbers....1/2 girlfriend.

Yeah...without any doubt his latest novel "Half Girlfriend" is most hyped novel of the year and it will be best seller for years.  Mohit suri has already announced movie with it. He is surely a marketing genius, he has played every move correctly for launching of it.

"Half Girlfriend" is story about a rural bihari boy who can't speak proper english but then like any other Bollywood flick... he conquers the world ....but only after his true love is shattered.Then as it is chetan bhagat novel....so it also shows governmental inefficiency....corruption....and social activities. It also shows desire to succeed and internal fire to achieve something. Leaving some really good offer to be with family reminds me a phase of my life. (Actually the thought of half girlfriend from Riya's perspective... also reminds me something :p ).

Packed with cool quotes like....



"Girls never tell you anything straight out anyway....you have to interpolate and extrapolate their responses to figure out what's on their mind"
"An army of intellectual men cannot solve the riddle created by an indecisive woman. "
"I am with you ....that's how I define my good time :)"
"sometimes it matters to me.... unlike your other friends.. .I can tell if something is wrong....and if something bothering you...it bothers me..... I want to know everything about you.....but getting you to talk is like a dentist pulling teeth "
"Learn about girls...or figure it out....but don't ruin it.  Understand? "
It is interesting book....I don't want to add spoilers in this post...so will not share anything about story. I will only say that I liked it....more than normal like because many incidents reminds me about my life .... :)

All in all, It will make a good Bollywood movie story.

Happy Reading!!!!!